Sea-buckthorn oil has many cosmetic properties:
- It can protect the skin from premature aging.
- It can eliminate wrinkles and increase the elasticity of the skin.
- It can whiten the skin, including freckles and pigment spots.
- It can provide nutrition to the skin, preventing dryness and flaking.
- It can restore the lipid and acid-base balance.
- It can stimulate hair growth and strengthening of roots.
- It can eliminate skin inflammation and acne and has an antiseptic effect.
Sea-buckthorn oil in the beauty and home cosmetology industry:
- It can be used in masks and creams for all skin types (including for dry, cracked, or peeling skin)
- It can restore the skin after sunbathing.
- It is in many lip balms.
- It can be used as a massage oil.
- It can be used to bleach the skin.
- It can be used in aromatherapy.
- It can be used as an ingredient in home hair masks.
- It can be used for nail and eyelash care.
In its pure form, sea-buckthorn oil is not recommended for use often. It should be weakened from its concentrate for more often use, since frequent use can damage the protective functions of the skin and increase its sensitivity.
- Allergy and individual intolerance of sea buckthorn oil and products made with this oil.
- Diarrhea, cholecystitis, pancreatitis, cholelithiasis, cholangitis, inflammation of the liver – contraindications for internal usage of the oil.
- A burning sensation when externally used.
Face care with sea buckthorn oil
The simplest recipe: add a few drops of sea buckthorn oil in a daily dose of a day or night cream. For problematic and dry skin, sea buckthorn oil acts as a serum.
Mask for mature skin
The purpose of this mask is to tighten the skin and to increase the elasticity. Mix 1 tsp sea-buckthorn oil, 1 raw egg yolk, and 1 tbsp. dry yellow clay. Spread evenly over the skin on the face and neck. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes and then rinse the mask with warm water, and then cold water. Use this mask 2 times a week.
Mask for dry skin
The purpose of this mask is to nourish and moisturize, so it is suitable even for the driest and coarse skin. You will need 3 tablespoons of slightly warmed milk, 1 tsp. sea buckthorn oil, 1 tbsp. low-fat cottage cheese, and 1 teaspoon honey. The honey should be dissolved in the warm milk, mix, and then add the cottage cheese and the oil. Mix it all again and apply it to the face. After 15-20 minutes, rinse with warm water.
For this mask, you will need1 tbsp. fresh crushed parsley, 1 tsp. sea buckthorn oil, and 0.5 cup low-fat sour cream. Mix everything together, apply to the face, and rinse with warm water after 10-15 minutes.
This mask is ideal for dry mature skin. You will need 1 tsp sea buckthorn oil, 1 tbsp. sea-buckthorn juice (can be replaced with watermelon, tangerine, orange, apple, grape or apricot), and 1 egg yolk. Mix everything together and then spread evenly over the skin of the face. After 20 minutes, rinse with warm water.
Sea-buckthorn oil for nails
If you rub the sea buckthorn oil in the nails once a day, then in 2 months they will become stronger, well-groomed and healthy.
Sea-buckthorn oil for hair
This oil successfully fights hair loss and early baldness. Rub sea buckthorn oil in the roots of the hair 1 hour before washing your head. Cover the head with a plastic wrap and then wrap your hair with a towel. Then wash your hair as usual. You should do this once a week.