Flaxseed (or linseed) is an annual crop with over a hundred species. Flax is often used in the textile industry. From flax seeds, you can obtain an oil, for health and beauty.
Flaxseed oil is widely used in medicine, cosmetology, and the food industry. Flax is rich in minerals, vitamins, and other biologically active substances, which provide nutrition to the skin and hair, and prevent and treat many diseases.
Composition of Flaxseed oil
- Composition of Flaxseed oil
- Results of Flaxseed oil for Hair
- Characteristics of quality flaxseed oil
- Flaxseed Oil for Hair Recipes
- Rapid Hair Growth Mask
- What will you hair be like after using flaxseed oil?
Flaxseed is a powerhouse of nutritional compounds useful for a women’s beauty. Flaxseed can provide these benefits both with internal and external usage.
The most useful components of flaxseed oil:
- Linolenic (Omega 3), linoleic (Omega 6) and oleic (Omega 9) acids. The omega-acids are not naturally produced within the body and must be provided to the body. They restore the cellular structure of hair, prevent premature aging, and protect against the negative effects of the environment.
- Choline (Vitamin B4). It stimulates the regeneration processes, accelerates the removal of toxins, revitalizes the hair structure, and prevents fragility.
- Niacin (Vitamin B3). It stimulates hair growth, strengthens the hair follicles, and prevents early gray hair. It is one of the main components of many hair care products.
- Vitamin K. It is important for the blood and heals wounds and injuries, prevents the appearance of age spots, promotes the preservation of natural healthy hair color, and provides care for the scalp.
- Folic acid (Vitamin B9). It improves the immune system, protects the hair and scalp from exposure to ultraviolet light and temperature changes. It also helps to maintain the hair and improve its condition if you have frequent colorings or stylings.
- Thiamine (Vitamin B1). It helps to relieve irritation and inflammation, and fights dandruff and skin itching. It is a requirement for the treatment of seborrhea.
- Tocopherol (vitamin E). It improves blood flow to the scalp (and in general, the body) and fights against itching and dandruff.
- Palmitic and stearic acids. These are key components in the production of hyaluronic acid and collagen, the main elements of what make us look young.
- Potassium. Has a moisturizing effect.
- Calcium. Fights brittle and dry hair by restoring its natural structure.
In addition to these elements, flaxseed oil contains iron, zinc, molybdenum, necessary to maintain healthy skin and hair. Also this product contains squalene – a hydrocarbon, which slows down the aging of the body.
Flaxseed oil has a proven antifungal effect on the body. With its high fat content, it easily enters the lipid layer of the epidermis and retains moisture in the tissues. It also helps to improve the structure of the hair.
Results of Flaxseed oil for Hair
The benefits and effectiveness of flaxseed oil for hair has been demonstrated by numerous scientific studies and by actual usage. If flaxseed oil is used correctly, you will receive a result similar to that in an expensive beauty salon.
What is the use of flaxseed oil on the hair?
- It saturates the hair and scalp with bioactive ingredients.
- It eliminates dermatitis and inflammation.
- It moisturizes the hair, fills it with vitality, and makes it shiny.
- It prevents split ends.
- It treats dandruff and seborrhea.
- It protects against premature balding.
- It accelerates hair growth.
Thanks to its amazing properties, flaxseed oil can protect the hair from the negative impacts of the environment. Flaxseed can be consumed internally, or used externally in masks, wraps, or in other ways. Flaxseed oil is especially beneficial during the winter. The microelements protect the hair from the drastic temperature changes and dry air.
Characteristics of quality flaxseed oil
Only a quality product will bring real benefits to your hair.
Like many oils, the best flaxseed oil is obtained by extracting the oil from the seed using a cold press method, without exposure to high temperatures. It is best to stick to famous brands, which generally win a good reputation because of their high quality.
Also, we advise you to pay attention to the following points:
1. Color. Quality flaxseed oil is pure yellow, without precipitation and impurities.
2. Smell. Quality flaxseed oil has a slight smell of fish oil.
3. Capacity. Quality flaxseed oil comes in a dark glass bottle of arbitrary volume.
Before you buy any oil, check the expiration date of the oil. Once it is opened and makes contact with air, flaxseed oil quickly deteriorates. Therefore, once opened, you should consume within 1 month.
Flaxseed Oil for Hair Recipes
The following recipes can be as effective as expensive salon procedures, especially depending on the condition of your hair. We have selected the most effective recipes in which flaxseed oil is the main component.
Classical treatment of hair with Flaxseed Oil
You need to heat the flaxseed oil to +25 C. Then rub it into the scalp and spread any remainder throughout the hair. Wrap your head with a warm towel. After 2 hours, rinse your head with water mixed with vinegar.
Rapid Hair Growth Mask
You will need to mix 3 tablespoons of crushed onion, 1 tbsp of natural honey, and 2 tbsp of flaxseed oil. Apply to the scalp and hair and after 30-45 minutes, wash it off.
Restoration of weak and overdried hair
You will need to mix 1 egg yolk, 2 tbsp of flaxseed oil, and 5 tbsp of cognac. You should apply to damp hair and wrap in a towel. Leave it for 20 minutes and then rinse.
Masks for Oily Hair
This mask will help regulate the sebaceous glands. You will need to mix 1 tbsp of flaxseed oil and 3 tbsp of lemon juice. Apply to dry, unwashed hair and let it soak for 30 minutes.
Nourishing and Strengthening Mask
This mask will help strengthen the roots and prevent early balding, so it is especially useful for men. You will need to mix grated cucumber (one normal size), 1 tsp flaxseed oil, and 1 tbsp sour cream. Apply the mask before bed and wear overnight, covering the head with a cellophane bag and a towel. In the morning, rinse with lukewarm water.
This mask will help give the hair its shine and softness back. Mix 50 ml of flaxseed oil and 40 ml of glycerin. Apply to the hair and use a comb to distribute the mixture along the entire length of the hair, making sure to include the tips. After an hour, rinse with warm water and shampoo.
To achieve a lasting result, you should use the mask once or twice every 7-10 days over 1-2 months. In severe case, the course can be extended to 3 months.
Small secrets on how to best use flaxseed oil
Many people complain that flaxseed oil is difficult to wash out of the hair. We will provide two tips on his to make the process easier:
- After wearing the mask for the time directed, apply shampoo to the hair and foam it, and then rinse your head with warm running water. Make sure to wash all of the oil out of the hair so as to not leave grease marks on your towel or clothes.
- Instead of using a balm, rinse you hair with a solution of vinegar (100 ml of vinegar per 1 liter of water). Instead of water, you can use infusions of medical herbs. Such remedies will help to remove the oil from the hair more efficiently.
What will you hair be like after using flaxseed oil?
The first results will only be noticeable after several uses. The more often you make masks, the stronger the effect will be. The condition of your hair will improve in the following ways (with proper use of oil masks):
- Dandruff will disappear, and abrasions and inflammation will disappear.
- Hair will become more shiny and silky.
- Oily hair will normalize.
- Hair loss will decrease and new hair will grow faster.
- Hair will cease to split at the ends. Hair will become more alive and well-groomed.